According to a Kaiser Health News analysis of the data, about 80 percent of the 3,241 hospitals CMS evaluated this year will face penalties. The number of penalized hospitals in FY 2018—2,573—marks a slight decline from FY 2017, when Medicare reduced reimbursements for 2,597 hospitals.. In addtion, the total cost for hospitals is estimated to be $564 million dollars, up from $420 million in 2016.
HCIT Consulting will be able to help your organization with readmission management. The care processes that result in efficient and effective transitions of care are multi-factorial and complex. HCIT has with a proven method to determine the vital contributors that lead to poor transition outcomes. We will lead your hospital to facilitate the change necessary to improve these outcomes. Is your organization making progress to improve transition of care processes and outcomes consistently?
HCIT Consulting can:
- Directly assess your hospital’s care process, with an emphasis on transitions of care and readmission management.
- Evaluate your organization’s data capture in relation to the transition of care process and readmission reduction.
- Assess use and reliability of evidenced-based methods in order to improve your organization’s outcomes.
- Provide a detailed GAP analysis to develop and implement a project plan to reduce avoidable readmissions.
- Identify opportunities to optimize your organization’s use of existing clinical information systems and technologies, with an emphasis on transitions of care.
- Lead an interdisciplinary improvement team to lead your organization to a best-practice future state.
- Optimize preferred provider network relations to reduce return to hospital admissions from SNFs and Home Health
Change management is what we do and we would like the opportunity to serve your hospital to improve transitions of care. Let us know how we can help your organization, please contact us at email@example.com.
For more information regarding our Readmissions Case Study, click here.