Post-Acute Pre-Admission Consulting Services
Post-Acute organizations are pressed with an evolving healthcare landscape that requires them to lower costs while improving outcomes—no easy feat. Success hinges on developing strategies to streamline operations, improve performance and maximize access to care. HCIT Consulting specializes in helping Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs) and Home Health Organizations to optimize their current pre-admission and referral processes, as well as workflow and IT utilization to identify cost-saving opportunities and efficiency gains. The pre-admission process is more important than ever with the upcoming changes to reimbursement under PDPM.
- Onsite Assessment to Determine Current State of Admissions and Referrals to Identify Process Barriers impacting referral to admission conversion
- Clinical Screening and Decision Making
- IT System Optimization to Streamline Workflow; PointClickCare, Vision, Eldermark, CareTracker, Allscripts Referral Management/CarePort, Curaspan/Navihealth, Aquila MIS, Ensocare, EMR Portals, etc.
- “Census Doctor” Services
- Implement best practice regarding Referral Management and Admission workflow, performance and process
- Census, patient throughput, morning meetings, MDS scoring, and Quality Standards that impact star ratings
- Financial impact on potential revenue from Medicare and Medicaid
- Post-discharge Follow-up for Patient Satisfaction and Leakage
- Data review and analysis from referral management software
- Return to Hospital/Readmission Management and Reduction
- Strategic Marketing to Increase Admissions and Revenue Opportunities
- Improve and build Preferred Provider Networks
- Troubleshoot Issues with Referral Sources and Strengthen Hospital Relationships
- Creation of Partner by Performance Networks
- Project Management and Implementation support
- New Software Implementation to Automate Referrals, Admission Packets, Forms, Tracking and Census
- Information Transparency, Prioritization, Bed Management and Throughput, Quality Measures, Dashboards for Analytics and Metrics Not Currently Captured
- Identified $2.3M in Annual Oppotunity/Missed Revenue for three-building Skilled Nursing Facility
- 350% increase in referrals with referral and admission process improvement and IT optimization
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.