At HCIT Consulting, we have several service packages offered at a flat rate for your organization, based on the size of your organization. Please contact us directly for pricing, email@example.com. In addition, you can inquire via our Contact Form.
Case Management IT Assessment
Our Case Management IT consultants are experts in EPIC, Cerner, Midas+, Allscripts Care Management, NaviHealth/Curaspan, MCG, InterQual/Change Healthcare, and other CM IT systems. We will provide a thorough onsite IT assessment to identify opportunities to increase efficiency, maximize productivity, enhance workflow and processes, remove double documentation, analysis regarding data integrity and report capture, and reports. We will make recommendations to optimize your IT systems to maximize utilization and increase staff satisfaction. To learn more about our outcomes, please review our Discharge Planning Optimization Case Study, click here. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Case Management “Health Check” Assessment
This assessment will provide your organization with an overall ‘health check’ of your Case Management Department.
- High level Department Overview Assessment
- Chart Audit Review
- Data Review and Analysis
- CM and EHR IT Utilization Assessment
- Best Practice Recommendations and Executive Summary for Optimization Opportunities
Case Management Deep Dive “21 Point Inspection” Assessment
This in-depth assessment will provide your organization with a deep dive into the workings of your Case Management Department. This assessment includes all items in the “Health Check” Assessment in addition to the following:
- “Deep Dive” onsite Analysis of Care Management Operations
- Data Review and Analysis
- Structural Analysis
- CM and EHR IT Assessment and Optimization Analysis
- Case Management Department Productivity Analysis
- DRG and Population Analysis
- Outcome Improvement Opportunities
- Utilization Management and UR Committee Current State Assessment
- Criteria Based Compliance Review and Assessment
- Discharge Planning and Care Transitions Assessment
- Best Practice Recommendations and Executive Summary
ADDITIONAL SERVICES THAT CAN BE PERFORMED IN CONJUNCTION WITH OTHER ASSESSMENTS OR STAND ALONE SERVICES
Learning Needs Assessment for Case Management Department
This online in-depth 70 question survey will assess your Case Management Staff’s (RNCM, URCM, and SWCM) knowledge and skills based on essential job functions and industry best practices. HCIT will process the results and will provide a custom, prioritized course curriculum. For an additional fee, HCIT can provide onsite education for your team, based on the custom curriculum needs. For more information, click here or email us at email@example.com.
Learning Needs Assessment for Physician Advisors
This online in-depth 40 question survey will assess your Physician Advisors’ knowledge and skills based on industry best practices. HCIT will process the results and will provide a custom, prioritized course curriculum. For an additional fee, HCIT can provide onsite education for your team, based on the custom curriculum needs. For more information, click here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Staffing Ratio Assessment and Recommendations
This service package will calculate current staffing ratios based on staffed beds according to industry benchmarks and best practices related to your current Case Management Model (Triad or Dyad). For more information, click here or email us at email@example.com.
Total Joint Assessment and Recommendations
This consists of an assessment of your Health System’s Elective Total Joint Arthroplasty (TJA) Program. HCIT will perform an 8-16 hours of onsite assessment at your facility to complete interviews with key staff. Additional interviews required may performed remotely by telephone. HCIT’s assessment and recommendations will identify program strengths, as well as determine programmatic gaps and opportunities for improvement based on industry best practices. For more information, click here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chart Audits for Medical Necessity
Our team of Case Management Subject Matter Experts can perform a chart audit to see how well your Case Managers are documenting Medical Necessity. This can be a one time audit or set up as an ongoing service.
Chart Audits for Clinical Documentation Integrity (CDI)
Our team of CDI Subject Matter Experts can perform a chart audit to see how well staff are documenting for CDI. This can be a one time audit or set up as an ongoing service.
MIPS Focused Audits for Physicians
MIPS audits started in June 2019 and will continue throughout the duration of the program. MIPS has significant audit vulnerabilities in each of its four performance categories: Quality, Promoting Interoperability, Cost, and Improvement Activities. The internal, confidential audit, will focus on known compliance issues for each category. The audit will also identify opportunities for improved performance in the MIPS, based on documentation and a detailed understanding of the requirements at a granular level. HCIT Consulting can provide a one time audit or provide monthly audit subscription services performed by our Physician Coding Expert, Dr. Michael Marron-Stearns.
Chart Audits for Physician Coding (inpatient or outpatient)
Our Physician Coding Expert can perform a chart audit to review the following, this can be a one time audit or set up as an ongoing service:
- Documentation review by an independent physician who is also a certified professional coder (CPC)
- Review of supporting guidelines (e.g., LCDs, CMS guidance, private payer requirements, etc.)
- Detailed factual rebuttals of negative audit findings
- Development of evidence-based justifications based on a review of the scientific literature
- Development of evidence-based protocols that include a review of the scientific literature and documentation and coding requirements provided by payers
- Instantiation of these protocols into electronic health record content, clinical workflows, and documentation
- Provider and staff education regarding best-practices and protocol adherence